Redan som 15-åring bildade han sitt första band och med 54 års musikkarriär i bagaget har David Bowie hunnit säga en hel del. Liksom landsbröderna Oscar Wilde och John Cleese hade musikern en fäbless för vitsiga repliker.
Så igår lämnade han oss. Den gamle rockgiganten släppte just sitt 26:e studioalbum Blackstar och fyllde 69 år i fredags. GAFFA har samlat ihop tio underfundiga Bowie-citat att minnas.
1. "I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human".
2. "I'm an instant star. Just add water and stir."
3. "I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman."
4. "I'm always amazed that people take what I say seriously. I don't even take what I am serious".
5. "The truth is of course that there is no journey. We are arriving and departing all at the same time."
6. "I'm a born librarian with a sex drive"
7. "Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming"
8. "I can ask for cigarettes in every language"
9. "I don't have stylistic loyalty. That's why people perceive me changing all the time. But there is a real continuity in my subject matter. As an artist of artifice, I do believe I have more integrity than any one of my contemporaries."